Category Archives: Food & Nutrition

Should we avoid carbohydrates?

Should we avoid carbohydrates?

Many popular diets promote low carbohydrates. Some of them have been very famous with best-selling books and supplements, which have made their promoters rich. These diets have been around since at least 1864, resurrected time and again and foisted on a gullible public. Atkins, South Beach, The Zone and other similar diets claim that the […]

10 Health Benefits of Chia Seeds, Nature’s Tiny Wonder

Nature knows best - Chia Seeds, Nature’s Tiny Wonder

Chia Seeds, scientifically known as Salvia hispanica, is a flowering plant native to Central and South America. The tiny chia seed is power-packed with nutrients and minerals, with many health benefits for those who eat them on a regular basis. You can incorporate them easily into your diet in numerous ways too! Discover ten of […]

Detox by Eating Food

Detox by Eating Food

According to scientific and medical literature, everyone takes on toxic elements from their environment. Supporting detoxing is very important. Detoxing is easy by eating the right foods. Those foods are colourful plant foods, not bacon, steak or chicken. And today it is necessary to detox from time to time. Think about it – toxins exist […]

Plant-Based Diet Works to Prevent Kidney Cancer

Plant-Based Diet Works to Prevent Kidney Cancer

58,000 Americans are diagnosed with kidney cancer every year, and 13,000 die. Other Developed countries also probably face similar numbers. And the numbers have been rising. While 4 percent of cases are hereditary, what about the other 96 percent? Historically, the use of tobacco is the only accepted risk factor, but cigarette smoking is declining. […]

How to Minimise Risk of Colon Cancer

How to Minimise Risk of Colon Cancer

By Dr Michael Gregor Colon cancer risk in Westernized populations may be reduced by decreasing animal product intake and thereby decreasing “aggressive” factors as animal protein and fat. Animal fat can stimulate the synthesis and secretion of bile acids into the intestine. Bile helps the body digest fats. So, more fat in the intestines means […]